— DATA VALIDATION —
GRESB operates a three-tier validation process (All Participant Check, Validation Plus, Validation Interview). The approach was developed by PwC and the validation is carried out by GBCI.
All Participant Check
- Checks on all benchmark submissions, for selected data points;
- Validation per indicator with a secondary review system for quality control;
- Focus on open text boxes and open fields;
- Supplemental checks to confirm the existence of supporting evidence for questions requiring documentary evidence;
- Supplemental checks of performance indicator data.
- Desktop review on a selection of indicators for all participants for which supporting evidence was provided in the form of a document upload or hyperlink;
- Review of tables and examples provided for a selection of indicators for all participants;
- Validation with a secondary review system for quality control.
The indicator selection is performed by GRESB and is subject to change on an annual basis. This allows GRESB to apply a consistent level of scrutiny on all participating entities.
- In-depth assessment of data, performed over the phone by GRESB/GBCI Validation team on a selection of all Assessment submissions;
- Random selection of participants using a system that analyzes criteria based on 2017 Assessment submission data. The system automatically picks participants based on a profile that takes into account 2017 Assessment validation decisions, outliers, and performance;
- Focus on Entity & Characteristics and supporting evidence.
Participants selected for Validation interview will be notified by email after the Assessment submission. In 2018, GRESB anticipates that approximately five percent of participants will be selected for a Validation Interview.