The Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) is a member-based not-for-profit industry council and is the peak industry body for advancing sustainability outcomes in infrastructure in Australia and New Zealand. ISCA’s mission is to improve the productivity & liveability of industry & communities through sustainability in infrastructure, which it does through:
– Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) rating scheme for planning, design, construction and operations of infrastructure assets;
– Education, training and capacity building;
– Connecting suppliers of sustainable products and services with projects through its Supply directory;
– Bringing together experts to share knowledge and lift the community of practice;
– Recognition and rewarding best practice;
– Sustainability leadership and advocacy.
ISCA principally advances sustainability outcomes in infrastructure through the development and facilitation of the IS rating scheme. IS rating scheme is an industry-compiled, voluntary sustainability performance framework evaluating planning, design, construction and operation of all infrastructure asset classes. The IS rating scheme is Australia and New Zealand’s only comprehensive standard for evaluating sustainability across design, construction and operation of infrastructure.
As of July 2019, there are 213 ratings registered with IS, corresponding to assets totalling over $160 billion in capital value.
|Toby Gray – Head of Sustainability Leadership|
- Certifications & Data