What is the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation?
The EU’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) is a new transparency requirement for financial market participants related to key environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria. The purpose is to increase market transparency and direct capital towards more sustainable businesses.
For many asset managers, the main challenge of SFDR will be reporting detailed product-level ESG characteristics starting in 2022.
Future-proof reporting with high-quality data
While ESG data can be scraped from a number of public sources, its accuracy and reliability may not be sufficient for SFDR reporting.
This concern will only grow if, as expected, CSRD requires data validation in the near future. Starting your disclosures with the best available data now will make year-over-year comparisons easy and more useful for asset managers when they become required.
Report with confidence using real data from GRESB
Real estate and infrastructure managers can meet their SFDR requirements with confidence while gaining valuable business insights with GRESB.
Why GRESB’s SFDR Reporting solution?
- Better data. Unlike other providers, GRESB works with real ESG data, submitted and validated from assets themselves. This means more accurate data that allows you to get ahead of future requirements.
- Focused on the hard part. As the leading ESG benchmark, we only tackle SFDR’s central data challenge, giving you more flexibility to finish reporting without racking up unnecessary consulting fees.
- More accurate estimations. Where real estate entities may have initial gaps in data, we can make better estimations using our global industry assessments. More accurate data now means fewer headaches in the future.
- A trusted platform aligned with CSRD. Investors and asset managers trust GRESB with confidential data, and our platform will get you ready for when CSRD’s validation requirements come into effect.
- End-to-end support. As an industry-led platform, GRESB provides robust support services at every step of the process. If you need help collecting data, we can recommend one of our partners.
Wider benefits of GRESB
By using GRESB for SFDR reporting, your data can easily be turned into valuable business insights when you also participate in our main Assessments. You can, for example, compare performance against custom benchmarks and better understand areas for improvement.