At the end of this week on April 1, 2022, the Assessment Portal will be open for participation. You can start preparing for this year’s assessment by taking a look at the Assessment Reference Guides, which provide detailed information on each of the Assessments indicators. Additional resources and supporting documents can be found here.
As usual, GRESB Real Estate and Infrastructure Assessment submissions are due by July 1, 2022. See the full 2022 Assessment timeline here. If you have any questions about participating in the Assessments, please contact our helpdesk team at any time.
If you have any specific questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Member Relations team below or via the GRESB contact form.
- Steven Pringle, Director, Member Relations
- Cathy Granneman, Infra Associate, Member Relations Team
- Kevin Kirby, Associate, Member Relations
Participant guidance & training
If you would like to improve your knowledge and skills in reporting to the Assessments, you can sign up for our online training. You can also find a step-by-step guide on our Participant Guidance page. For further assistance, you can reach out to our global network of partners who can assist with any ESG reporting needs.
The GRESB team will be hosting live Q&A sessions in mid-April to accompany the online training course. Check out the dates outlined below:
- Infrastructure – Asia Pacific – April 13
- Infrastructure – Europe / North America – April 13
- Real Estate – Asia Pacific – April 14
- Real Estate – Europe / North America – April 14
TCFD Alignment Report
On March 10th we held a product demo of our upcoming GRESB TCFD Alignment Report, followed by a Q&A session. We provided a quick overview of TCFD and showed how participation in the GRESB Assessments already sets you up to understand how your climate-related processes relate to the TCFD recommendations and where gaps exist.
If you are interested in TCFD but were not able to attend the demo webinar, feel free to watch the recorded version via this link for Asia and this link for Europe, North America and access the slides here.
You can get an overview of what your TCFD Alignment report would look like by checking out our Sample Report. Note that although this document is for a sample real estate entity, TCFD disclosure is relevant across both the real estate and infrastructure sectors.
To keep informed on GRESB’s TCFD solution, please register your interest here.
Interested in finding out more about the GRESB Foundation Board and its purpose?
CRE Tech Climate Global Leadership Summit (May 17-19)
The CREtech Climate Global Leadership Summit will gather 200 of the world’s leading professionals from every corner of the sustainability spectrum for three days of high-level presentations and strategy solutions from the biggest names in climate technology through focused collaboration sessions and immersive experience.
Register to attend here.
PERE Global Investor Forum: San Francisco (18-19 May)
Fuel your fundraising at the PERE Global Investor Forum: San Francisco on 18-19 May 2022. Expand your network, gain actionable insight, and escalate your fundraising potential by connecting with North America’s most active private real estate investors.
Find out more.
The Property Council | March 28 – March 30
- This annual event for people across the property industry to learn from Australian and international experts and leaders across the diverse range of occupations and specialisations that make up Australia’s world-leading property industry.
RI Australia 2022 | April 6 – April 7
- RI Australia 2022 is about thriving in the new era of responsible investment. With unprecedented growth of assets under management now being invested responsibly, it’s no longer enough to simply claim you’re doing responsible investment.
- As Australia moves on from lockdowns and a state of emergency this timely event will allow for peer networking and robust discussion amongst the decision makers in the nation’s leading institutional investors.
RI Japan 2022 | May 24 – May 25
- Join opinion leaders from Japan and abroad to discover how urgent theoretical and practical issues can marry with the vision for a new era of capitalism in a sustainability-conscious world.
2022 ULI Asia Pacific Summit | May 24 – May 26
- Despite the challenges Hong Kong has faced in the past years — from city wide protests and now the pandemic — the city has remained resilient and is on the rebound.
See our events page for a full overview of upcoming events.
Through GRESB Insights, we seek to highlight case studies on ESG integration in real assets, data-driven analyses into how the industry is responding to sustainability challenges, and educational articles exploring topics covered in the GRESB Assessments.
This year we have expanded the scope of the GRESB editorial calendar to include both fixed monthly topics and the opportunity for partners and members to contribute to topics of sustained interest to the wider community. Next month’s topic is “ESG Reporting”.
You can find the full 2022 editorial calendar, guidelines, and the submission form here.
What we are reading
- Is it time to separate ‘E’ from ‘S’ and ‘G? | Financial Times
- Beta framework launched on nature-related financial disclosures | edie
- What you need to know about the new net zero | The Fast Company Executive Board
Are you not yet receiving our Newsletter? Sign up here