Register for free online training to improve your reporting to the GRESB Assessments
We’ve just opened registration for our free online training program to help you successfully and efficiently report to the GRESB Assessments.
The new online training is designed for new GRESB participants reporting to the 2020 Assessments and for existing participants and GRESB Partners who would like a refresher on the reporting process and insight into the 2020 requirements.
Coronavirus update: No in-person training in 2020, but more live Q&As, webinars and digital opportunities to connect
In light of the recent coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and current health concerns, we will not be running in-person Assessment training in 2020 but will shift our focus to the online training and other ways to digitally connect and collaborate with you.
As part of this, we will be running an expanded set of live training Q&A sessions where we will respond to any questions you have about reporting 2020 Assessments. You can register for the live Q&A’s from within the online training platform.
Many industry events and engagement activities are being reconceived as webinars and video conferences and we will be working with our partners to create more digital opportunities to connect with you. The events section in this newsletter is focussed on online events, with more to follow.
The 2020 reporting season is almost here
As reporting to the GRESB Real Estate and Infrastructure Assessments is an online process, we will not be postponing the 2020 Assessments. Fortunately, the entire GRESB team is able to work remotely and we have no reason to believe that a delay will be necessary at this point.
The Assessment Portal will open for participation on April 1, 2020. A good first step is to review the Assessment Reference Guides, which provide detailed information on each of the Assessment indicators. The Reference Guides are available on the Participant Guidance Page, our document directory, as well as via the direct links below:
- 2020 Real Estate Assessment Reference Guide
- 2020 Infrastructure Fund Assessment Reference Guide
- 2020 Infrastructure Asset Assessment Reference Guide
- 2020 Resilience Module (Reference Guide will be available on April 1)
Investor attention to ESG risks and opportunities is not going away
In fact, it’s only going to grow in a world that is becoming increasingly exposed to new risks and opportunities. Whether you’re planning to report for the first time, or you’re a long time reporter, participating in the GRESB Assessments will help you respond to this increasing investor’s attention and give you access to vital new sources of information and insights for your decision-making.
Once again, the Portal opens on April 1 and, as in previous years, the GRESB Real Estate and Infrastructure Assessment submissions are due by July 1, 2020. See the full 2020 Assessment timeline.
You can find the 2020 fee schedule here. Participants benefit from discounts on multiple Assessments when billed before the Portal opens on April 1st. If you have not already received an invoice or are ready to start that process, please fill in the short form on this page.
If you have any questions about participating in the 2020 Assessments or any feedback for us, please contact the GRESB Helpdesk at any time.
Like you, we are monitoring the situation closely and we look forward to continuing to connect and collaborate with you during these challenging times.
- The credibility of your net zero strategy is crucial to achieving your targets and avoiding tarnishing your brand reputation. Join this webinar to learn how the GRESB framework can help you drive a credible net zero roadmap in the commercial real estate sector.
GRESB – Verdani Webinar: 2020 Updates | March 25
- This webinar will provide an overview of the updates to the 2020 GRESB Real Estate Assessment.
ANREV ESG Webinar Series – Performance | March 26
- This webinar will be the second installment in a series, which will look at material issues in the sustainability performance of real estate investments. In this series, presenters from leading organizations will take you through their ESG practices as well as touching upon key components of GRESB’s Real Estate Assessment.
ANREV ESG Webinar Series – Development | April 14
- This webinar will be the third installment in the before-mentioned series, which will look at material issues in the sustainability performance of real estate investments.
Live Training Q&As
The release of our online training program will be followed by live Q&A sessions. You can register for the live Q&As via the online training platform.
Real Estate: 2020 Changes and Q&A
- April 7 – 6:00 pm CEST / 5:00 pm BST / 12:00 pm EDT / 9:00 am PDT (North America and Europe)
- April 8 – 8:30 am CEST / 2:30 pm HKT / 2:30 pm SGT / 3:30 pm JST / 4:30 pm AEST (Asia Pacific)
Real Estate: Live Demo and Q&A
- April 14 – 8:30 am CEST / 2:30 pm HKT / 2:30 pm SGT / 3:30 pm JST / 4:30 pm AEST (Asia Pacific)
- April 15 – 6:00 pm CEST / 5:00 pm BST / 12:00 pm EDT / 9:00 am PDT (North America and Europe)
Infrastructure: 2020 Changes and Q&A
- April 7 – 8:30 am CEST / 2:30 pm HKT / 2:30 pm SGT / 3:30 pm JST / 4:30 pm AEST (Asia Pacific)
- April 8 – 6:00 pm CEST / 5:00 pm BST / 12:00 pm EDT / 9:00 am PDT (North America and Europe)
- April 14 – 6:00 pm CEST / 5:00 pm BST / 12:00 pm EDT / 9:00 am PDT (North America and Europe)
- April 15 – 8:30 am CEST / 2:30 pm HKT / 2:30 pm SGT / 3:30 pm JST / 4:30 pm AEST (Asia Pacific)
Now on GRESB Insights
Last month, GRESB Insights featured articles and case studies on the topic of Reporting tips and guidance. Check out the articles submitted by the following GRESB Partners:
- Completing the GRESB Real Estate Assessment and maximizing your score | Deepki
- ESG Investing Enticed by Outperformance | RealAlts
- ESG Reporting: 5 Top Tips to get started | EnviroSustain
- A Mindset for Sustainability – Five Accounting Principles for Successful Reporting | Emirates GBC
- Tips for stress free reporting | Envizi
- 4 Tips to Acing the 2020 reporting season | Schneider Electric
- Reporting tips and guidance | Arup
- Getting ready for GRESB season – Reporting tips and tricks | EVORA
- Stepping up the Reporting Game – External Assurance | Allied Environmental Consultants Limited
What GRESB is reading
- The European Union’s Sustainable Finance Final Taxonomy Report
- IPE: Private finance gets its own COP26 agenda
- Infrastructure Investor: Covid-19 checklist Five areas of fund operations to consider (subscriber only)
- Blo0mberg: The UN’s State of the Climate Report Paints a Grim Picture