Become a Lender Member
GRESB is an investor-led mission-driven initiative to provide ESG data on real assets investments to investors, lenders, managers and the wider industry. Our Assessments provide a consistent framework to measure ESG performance based on self-reported data that is validated, scored and peer benchmarked. This approach allows lenders to consistently analyze ESG risks and opportunities in real asset loan and bond portfolios and their exposure to changing sustainability-related legislation and market practices.
GRESB’s ESG coverage of the real asset industry provides an unrivaled set of data and insights for the investment market. As a Lender Member, you’ll have the necessary sustainability data and analytical tools to answer the following questions:
- Are your real asset investments managed responsibly?
- Do your managers understand environmental, social and governance issues?
- What is the value of the sustainability efforts that your managers are undertaking?
- What is your exposure to risks caused by climate change, energy price volatility, water scarcity, changes in environmental legislation, evolving customer demands and increasingly stringent governance requirements?
- What is the environmental footprint of your portfolio in terms of energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, water usage and waste streams?
- How does the sustainability performance of your investments vary across different regions, markets, investment vehicles, legal structures and property types?
- Are your investments making a positive real-world impact?
- How resilient is your portfolio in the face of environmental and social challenges?
The Benefits of Membership
|Access to high-quality, comparable and validated ESG data to provide insight into the ESG risk profile of your loan portfolio.||Access to engagement and tracking tools to improve the number of borrowers reporting on their ESG performance.|
|In-depth analysis of the sustainability performance of a company, fund or asset in comparison with its peers via the Benchmark Report.||Access to GRESB events and resources, including newsletters, insights, white papers, and training|
|Ability to compare the performance of your loan portfolio to a self-selected benchmark via the Portfolio Analysis Tool.||Support and guidance on getting the most out of GRESB data and analytical tools.|
|The opportunity to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the Assessments, benchmarking tools and the scorecards through a seat on GRESB Advisory Bodies.||The opportunity to participate in a unique collaboration among institutional investors, lenders, managers, industry bodies and associations, leading academics and best-in-class solution providers.|
What to Expect as a Lender Member
The analytical tools in the GRESB Portal are designed to make ESG engagement with your borrowers as productive as possible:
The Benchmark Report contains an indicator-level analysis of the ESG performance of your borrowers in both absolute terms and relative to peers. It is designed to identify areas of opportunity and risk in your portfolio and deepen your engagement with managers on sustainability issues.
Portfolio Analysis Tool
Using the Portfolio Analysis Tool, you can perform a portfolio analysis for self-selected groups of your loan portfolio, including applying weights and customized benchmarks. This online tool provides relevant insight into how each borrower contributes to the loan portfolio’s aggregated ESG performance. It also provides a combined environmental footprint of the loan portfolio.
The data download feature in the Portal gives you access to all significant data points in excel so that you can integrate the data more easily with your existing loan management systems and use in your own modeling.
Annual Lender Fee Schedule
*Managers must provide permission to lenders to access to the dataset.
To learn more about the ESG data and analytics we provide for Lender Members, please complete the form below. We’ll schedule a call to learn more about your goals, and explore how our data and tools can help.