This time of year, GRESB is focussed on validating, scoring and benchmarking the data reported to us for the 2020 Assessments. It’s some of the most important work we do because capital markets need reliable, comparable and consistent ESG data to incorporate into investment decisions. We’re looking forward to releasing the final 2020 Benchmark Reports in November and hosting the online Public Results Events the following week.
We’ve listed the key dates and activities below, based on the updated timeline for this year:
- October 1 – Preliminary results will be available to participants in the Portal, as part of the new Review Period.
- October 1-15 – Participants can request a review of their preliminary results, using a dedicated form.
- October 15-22 – GRESB will evaluate and respond to Review Period requests.
- November 1 – Final 2020 Assessment Results and Benchmark Reports will be available in the Portal.
- November 9-13 – 2020 online GRESB Results Events – Join us and be part of the evolving dialogue that is shaping the markets for a transition towards sustainable real assets.
Leadership in the 2020 GRESB Assessments
With the launch of the 2020 Assessment Results in November, we’re looking forward to recognizing GRESB Participants from across the world who have inspired us with their leadership and commitment.
This year, following discussions with our governance groups, we have broadened the selection of 2020 GRESB Sector Leaders and introduced a new “GRESB Most Improved” recognition to highlight participants on an upward ESG trajectory. We will also publicly highlight managers and companies with 5 Star rated entities, together with Infrastructure Fund Managers who achieve a GRESB Score.
Learn more about how we recognize leadership in the Assessments
Once again thank you for your support and participation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Upcoming Events and Webinars
World Green Building Week | September 21-25
- Join this spotlight series involving industry leaders already #ActingOnClimate, to discuss the opportunities net zero buildings present in addressing some of the most critical issues of our time. Rick Walters, Director Infrastructure will be speaking on September 24.
Sustainable Investment Forum North America | September 24, October 1, 8, 15
- With Part 1 taking place during New York Climate Week, the four part forum will encourage full market engagement, building momentum in what is an unprecedented period for global financial markets.
The 3rd Annual Nordea | GRESB Green Building Forum | September 25
- Asset-level intelligence is the future of sustainable finance in the real estate sector. We invite you to work with us to harness the dynamism of the market to build a more sustainable and resilient future. Join us alongside speakers from Nordea, S&P Global Ratings, Moody’s, Aviva Investors, and more.
Webinar: Building Green from the Ground Up | September 28
- Alaya Consulting will collaborate with GRESB and IFC – International Finance Corporation to host a webinar explaining the process of building green from the ground up. Speakers include, MK Leung, Dr. Raymond Yau, Hao Guo, Farida Lasida Adji, Xinying Tok (GRESB) and Tony Wong.
SuperReturn Global Infrastructure | September 29-October 1
- The event brings together the leading minds in private infrastructure investing. Hear from all the key players and get a picture of which way the industry is heading. Rick Walters will be speaking on October 1.
BNEW Barcelona New Economy Week | October 6-9
- Barcelona New Economy Week – BNEW is a physical and digital B2B event that gathers unique events of the sectors of Logistics, Real Estate, Digital Industry, Ecommerce and Economic Zones. Josien Piek, Head of EMEA will be speaking
- The PDI Germany Forum provides a unique virtual experience for investors and fund managers alike from the DACH region and further afield. Take your opportunity to network, face the lessons we have learnt so far in 2020, and discuss what the future holds for the private debt market.
Infrastructure Investment Global Summit Berlin 2020 | October 12-15
- With multiple forums, private meeting spaces, public networking, seminars and streams all taking place under one roof, the Summit is your chance to gain valuable connections with the entire global infrastructure industry.
Responsible Investment Forum: Europe | November 11-12
- The Responsible Investment Forum is the longest running Private Equity forum focused on bringing together fund managers, institutional investors, and expert advisors to discuss ESG issues across alternative asset classes. The forum will return virtually on 11th-12th November 2020, co-hosted with PRI. Roxana Isaiu, Director Real Estate will be speaking.
Now on GRESB Insights
Last month, GRESB Insights featured articles and case studies on the topic of Safety, health and well-being. Check out the articles submitted by the following GRESB Partners:
- Recalibrating for COVID-19: Protecting Occupant Health, Safety and Wellbeing | Verdani Partners
- The state of safety, health, and wellbeing in 2020 | Goby
- Reopening Offices: Examining Health & Wellness in the New Workplace | Yardi
- New GRI OHS Standard Has Significant Implication on Health & Well-being | Alaya Consulting
- How certification standards provide practical pathways to safety, health and well-being in our office buildings | Savills
- AREF Future Gen Survey: Remote working in a post-coronavirus environment | AREF
- The case for healthy materials in a post-COVID world | WSP
- ‘How to Take a Data-driven Approach to Healthy Buildings and Workspaces’ | Switch Automation
What GRESB is reading
+ Mark Carney is joining asset manager Brookfield to launch an “impact investing” fund focused on social and environmental benefits as well as financial returns, in his first big business role since his near seven-year term as Bank of England governor ended in March. FT: Mark Carney joins Brookfield to launch ‘impact investing’ fund
+ CDP, the Climate Disclosure Standards Board, the Global Reporting Initiative, the International Integrated Reporting Council and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board intend to work together to achieve comprehensive corporate reporting. See the joint statement
+ “Moving from intention to results is the next evolution that investors are looking for. The only way to outperform in this new era will be for companies to make material ESG issues central to their strategy and operations, to go above and beyond their competitors, and then to measure and communicate their superior performance. Global society faces enormous challenges. But if companies are bold and strategic with their ESG activities, they will be rewarded.” Harvard Business Review: Social-Impact Efforts That Create Real Value