- This event has passed.
The 3rd Annual Nordea | GRESB Green Building Forum
September 25, 2020 | 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Asset-level intelligence is the future of sustainable finance in the real estate sector. We invite you to work with us to harness the dynamism of the market to build a more sustainable and resilient future.
New data streams providing asset-level intelligence on climate risk and resilience are revolutionising the sustainable finance market. The field is evolving at an unprecedented pace, learning is happening at fantastic scales, and a substantial shift in real estate financing is underway.
That’s why we are excited to partner with Nordea to bring together the leading investors, market experts, and climate scientists who are shaping the sustainable financing markets of the future.
Don’t expect the Nordea | GRESB Green Building Forum to follow the typical broadcasting mode. The fast-paced, highly curated program will be focused on catalyzing dialogue between investors and issuers, exploring multiple perspectives, and digging into practical examples of how climate risk and resilience are influencing the cost of capital and building valuations.
Paving the right paths to a sustainable and resilient real estate sector requires industry wide-collaboration, and this online forum is an opportunity to be part of the global conversation that is driving the market forward.
Topics – 2 Degree Scenario, Climate Science, Effect on Ratings
- Jacob Michaelsen, Head of Sustainable Finance Advisory, Nordea
- Josien Piek, Head of EMEA, GRESB
10:05-10:20 Climate science and the EU Taxonomy: Key ESG considerations when assessing the real estate sector
- Marco Kisic, Head of ESG Research, Nordea
10:20-10:40 Credit ratings and ESG
- Maria Gillholm, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer, Moody’s Investor Service
- Manish Kejriwal, Associate EMEA Real Estate, S&P Global Ratings
10:40-11:00 Q&A Moderated by Jacob Michaelsen
Topics – Resilience, CRREM, Asset Level Data
- Roxana Isaiu, Director Real Estate, GRESB
11:15-11:45 Breakout sessions
- Breakout 1: Asset owner perspective on working with ESG data (Derk Welling, Senior Responsible Investment Specialist at APG Asset Management)
- Breakout 2: Asset manager perspective on working with ESG data (Anna Denell, Sustainability Director, Vasakronan)
- Breakout 3: Technical perspective on asset-level ESG data (Erik Landry, Climate Change Specialist, GRESB)
11:45-12:05 Summary: How to understand and work with resilience and asset level data within real assets
- Josien Piek and Jacob Michaelsen
Topics: Regulation, Politics and Investor perspectives
12:10-12:20 Expert view: EU Disclosure regulation SFDR and its effect on the real estate investment industry (Bahar Yay Çelik, Professional Standards Associate at INREV)
12:20-12:30 Q&A on the SFDR with participants, moderated by Josien Piek
12:30-12:40 Fire-side chat: Predictions for the future and what to look out for
- Edward Vaughan Dixon, Head of ESG, Aviva Investors Real Assets
Please select your preferred breakout session when you register. This will help us to manage the breakout rooms efficiently on the day.