- This event has passed.
REIT School: Analyst Training in Real Estate Investment Trusts
June 24, 2019 | 2:00 pm - June 26, 2019 | 4:30 pm
Produced by the Knowledge Center, expert training from S&P Global Market Intelligence
REIT School™: Analyst Training in Real Estate Investment Trusts will give you a comprehensiveintroduction to the sector through lectures, group discussions and case studies led by a diverse slate of active practitioners, with a unique opportunity to network with attendees from across the spectrum of REITs and REIT finance.
What you’ll gain: A comprehensive picture of the REIT sector and an understanding of a company’s position within it.
• An enhanced ability to communicate with professionals working on Wall Street or within REITs.
• An introduction to proven methodologies for evaluating REITs as targets, investments or competitors.
• An understanding of options for accessing capital and their effects on the balance sheet.
• Improved analysis and forecasting techniques through an understanding of the impact of leverage levels, re-equitization and transactions at both the property and corporate levels.
• Knowledge of the multiple approaches to valuation in the sector.
• Real estate market cycles, the state of the sector and the competitive and strategic issues going forward
• The sources of financial data necessary for evaluating a REIT’s economic health and risk-return profile
• How fixed income analysts look at REITs and the qualitative factors, quantitative measures and benchmarks underlying REIT credit analysis
• Strategies for accessing the capital markets and managing capital
• Methods of evaluating acquisitions and dispositions at the property and corporate levels Issues surrounding REIT M&A
• Methodologies for valuing companies and structuring deals
Dan Winters, Head of Americas, will be speaking at the training – providing a high-level overview of ESG efforts in capital markets and discussing how REITs are responding to investor demand for greater transparency on their ESG performance.