- This event has passed.
Infrastructure Investment Frontiers
June 5 | 6:00 pm – June 6 | 2:00 pm
Infrastructure Investment Frontiers will bring together a select group of globally recognised infrastructure practitioners drawn from the policy, investment, business and civil society communities to forge a new approach to frontier infrastructure investment — to develop new models that can mobilise deep pools of capital at scale and therefore address the massive collective needs for better core economic, transport, logistics, water, waste, sanitation and health infrastructure for frontier economies.
WEDNESDAY, 5 JUNE,
6 pm Royal Automobile Club, Cocktails Participants will meet for an informal discussion on the present and future circumstances of infrastructure investment in frontier economies.
THURSDAY, 6 JUNE
9am to 2pm, Forum
Participants will consider a series of key questions that will anchor the day’s conversation including:
- How far out of step are risk perception and risk reality for frontier economies and their infrastructure needs?
- What and how will new models of co-investment address the stark gaps of infrastructure provision for frontier economies?
- Can new forms of community driven investment begin to address the needs of social infrastructure?
- What is the role of innovation and new technology to meet infrastructure needs?
- Can the evolving infrastructure transparency principles under the Japanese presidency of the G20 process address the curse of corruption in major projects?
- What institutional architecture would support new investment models?