- This event has passed.
2017 GRESB ESG Masterclass: Infrastructure
November 2, 2017 | 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The GRESB ESG Masterclass for Infrastructure focuses on the integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) aspects in infrastructure investment decision-making, and applying GRESB data and tools to assess and improve portfolio performance. The class is held in collaboration with GRESB Investor Member Sweco Capital Consultants and is hosted by Aquila Capital.
2017 marked the second year of GRESB Infrastructure and saw growth in the number of fund and asset participants. The data collected for the Assessments provides a unique insight into the state of ESG in the sector that is of interest to investors, fund and asset managers and other infrastructure professionals.
The program is designed to address sustainability aspects of infrastructure investment portfolios as covered by the annual GRESB Assessment. The Masterclass will provide:
- An in-depth analysis of the 2017 GRESB Infrastructure results;
- Guidance on how to use and act on the 2017 GRESB results;
- Insight into how ESG criteria have been incorporated by leading European pension funds and investors and what this means for the investor community; and
- ESG case studies presented by leading managers.
The program is appropriate for infrastructure investors, fund managers, asset operators, analysts, finance specialists, investment advisors, and related industry professionals. The Masterclass will be delivered via a 3-hour face-to-face session.
The Masterclass is free of charge, but we reserve the right to limit the number of participants per organization.
The program includes presentations by asset managers from a range of sectors as well as panels with leading investors and managers, providing different perspectives on ESG in the infrastructure sector.
- 13:30 – Registration
- 14:00 – Welcome – Drs. P. Bischop MRE MRICS, Head Sustainability, Sweco Capital Consultants
- 14:05 – ‘Sweco’s vision on Infrastructure & ESG’ – Cederik Engel, Head Infrastructure, Sweco Capital Consultants
- 14:15 – GRESB, ESG and Infrastructure
- In-depth look and analysis of the 2017 GRESB Infrastructure Results
- Reading the GRESB Benchmark Report
- GRESB Portfolio Analysis Tool
- Leveraging ESG insights in the investment process
- 15:00 – Investor panel
- Corine van Heijningen, Director Asset Management, PGGM Investments
- Sebastiaan Ranner, Senior Portfolio Manager Infrastructure & Private Equity, MN
- Lucinda Hearth, Assistant Vice President, Alternatives, Deutsche Bank
- 15:45 – Break
- 16:00 – Manager case studies & panel
- Oldrik Verloop, LL.M. MBA, Managing Director, Aquila Capital
- Michael Allen, Partner, Arcus Infrastructure Partners (case study on Brisa Investment)
- Vincent Cassagne, Senior Investment Manager, Infrastructure Funds, Mirova
- 17:00 – Closing remarks, networking & drinks