The 2017 GRESB Results for the Debt Assessment are now available. Participants can view their individual results by logging into the GRESB Portal.
Public Results 2017
- Participation in the Debt Assessment saw a 39% increase and now includes 25 participants.
- The Assessment has representation across the spectrum of commercial real estate debt investors and originators, with the 2017 coverage broadening to include banks, real estate debt funds, Mortgage REITs and other direct investors.
- The Average GRESB Score increased by 16% to 56, signaling that more participants are integrating ESG into their lending approach.
Download the 2017 Results Report
- Participants are introducing more ESG factors into asset underwriting and borrower due diligence.
- Lenders increasingly use sustainability-based Key Performance Indicators in asset underwriting processes; leaders identify and track specific KPIs.
- Lenders increased the number of KPIs tracked and incorporated into both portfolio risk management and external stakeholder communications.
- The combination of market demand for green buildings and regulatory changes is driving lenders to develop targeted financing products and programs.