Purpose of the project
1.Utilization of Sustainable materials to reduce cement consumption in RCC works
2. Reduce of carbon emission
3. Improvement in quality performance
4. Cost saving
Innovative/Uniqueness of solution
a. The unique feature of this material is the fineness compared to fly ash.
b. Utilisation of waste product from Steel factory
c. The percentage of utilisation of this material in Mix design is up to 70% as against 35% for fly ash.
- To perform the concrete mix design with different proportions of ingredients of concrete.
2. Temporary properties like workability and cohesiveness is observed.
3. Permanent properties like concrete compressive strength is checked.
4. Once the design mixed is passed the above mentioned properties it is considered for usage in all conventional RCC works.
5. Sample of the same will done to see the quality of final product.The team has identified GGBS â€“ Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag as a potential part replacement of Cement in RCC works.The fineness of GGBS gives dense concrete which results in increased durability and smooth finish of structure.
Quality Assurance: Due to better fineness the quality of finished product is very good and increased durability
Cost Benefit: Rate Per Cubic Meter is Rs. 2900 as against Rs. 3010 with Fly ash.
Sustainability: Utilization of waste product as a part replacement for cement in RCC works
"We strongly believe that a Sustainability-driven approach to innovation in business processes can yield significant cost savings. For example, not only does the use of Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) in the construction process reduce costs by minimizing the use of cement, it also alleviates environmental pollution by re-using a manufacturing by-product."