Purpose of the project
Purpose of the project is as below:
- Assist employees giving birth and taking maternity leave to easily come back to work.
- Support employees working for us while raising small children.
We opened the nursery school in December 2014 at our AEON MALL Makuhari New City. We provide flexible nursing hours so that employees of our tenants have an option for their working style and can work without worrying about nursing hours.
Due to our unique approach, we have been providing services and functions which were hardly doable for existing nursery facilities as below.
- Secure nursing hours of 365 days including holidays from 7 am to 10 pm in principle.
- Set simple charge system based on hours regardless of day in a week or hour in a day
- Provide service to all employees working for AEON Group companies or our tenant companies in the specialist shop area of AEON MALL Makuhari New City.
- Provide culture lessons to children which is usually not feasible if parents are working
We provide these services with collaboration with our tenant companies in the specialist shop area. We aim to set up similar nurseries in other areas.
As a result, the nursery school is almost full currently, six months after opening. Through this program, our expectation is as below:
- Improve satisfaction of employees working for us and tenant companies.
- Hire and retain talented and motivated employees
- Provide diverse work style appropriate for life style of each employee
By providing support focusing on childcare and comfortable working environment for women, we aim to become the best company for women to work for which is one of the objectives of AEON Group as a whole.
"AEON MALL has been promoting CSR activities based on the ‘five pillars’ corresponding to ISO26000. Our group aims to become “the best company for women to work and take active roles” with a goal of increasing female managers to 50% by 2020. This nursery is one of the measures to support women employees and achieve this goal."
-AEON MALL, Management Planning Department, Administration Division