The pre-release of the 2017 GRESB Real Estate Assessment and 2017 GRESB Real Estate Developer Assessment is now available on the GRESB website to help property companies and funds prepare for the 2017 reporting cycle. The 2017 Assessment has remained consistent with the 2016 version. Only small changes have been implemented as the result of extensive engagement with the real estate industry through the GRESB Advisory Board, Benchmark Committees and the entire GRESB membership network.
In addition to keeping the Real Estate Assessment stable, GRESB has further streamlined the reporting process by enabling asset level reporting beyond the Performance Indicators section.
Participants using a data partner system will be able to complete an extended set of indicators via asset level tools. The pre-release documents include summary overviews of the changes made to the two assessments, as well as explanations for the individual decisions and the list of indicators available via APIs with our data partners.
The January pre-release does not include the Health & Well-being Module, which will be published in early March together with a Reference Guide.
2017 Development Highlights
- Limited number of changes, which allows the prefilling of more than a third of the Assessment for 2016 GRESB Real Estate participants
- Stable and streamlined reporting process with a focus on correct and complete reporting
- New GRESB Portal functionalities aimed at reducing the amount of time spent of filling out the Assessment and uploading supporting evidence
- New data quality control features
2017 GRESB Real Estate Timeline
- March 1 – 2017 GRESB Real Estate and Developer Assessment Reference Guide
- April 1 – GRESB Portal opens
- June 1 – Deadline Response Check request
- June 15 – July 31 – Validation process (During this time we may contact you to clarify any outstanding issues with your response)
- July 1 – Assessment closes
- September 6 – Release of 2017 Assessment individual data
- September 11-15 – Release of GRESB global results