The pre-release of the 2016 GRESB Real Estate Assessment is now available to help property companies and funds prepare for the 2016 assessment process. The 2016 Assessment is largely consistent with the 2015 Survey. New developments reflect industry trends in ESG in real estate and the results of in-house research, as well as engagement with the real estate industry through the GRESB Advisory Board, Benchmark Committees, and Industry Working Groups.
2016 Development Highlights
- A streamlined and improved reporting process, fewer indicators and improved data quality (refined precision in indicators, supporting guidance, and better tools).
- The number of changes has been limited to a maximum of 20% churn.
- “Pilot” indicators are for reporting purposes only, prior to formally including these indicators in the 2017 Assessment.
- The GRESB Portal includes additional and enhanced functionalities to support participants with an efficient and accurate submission.
2016 GRESB Timeline
- March 1, 2016 – 2016 GRESB Real Estate Guidance available
- March 1, 2016 – 2016 GRESB Developer Assessment available (including the NC&MR Aspect)
- April 1, 2016 – GRESB Portal opens
- June 15, 2016 – Response Check request deadline
- June 15 – July 31, 2016 – Validation process (we may need to contact you during this time to clarify any outstanding issues with your response)
- July 1, 2016 – Assessment closes (this is a firm deadline, and GRESB will not accept submissions received after this date)
- September 7, 2016 – Release of 2016 assessment data and GRESB Report.