Applying ESG factors into a real estate strategy: the latest data and evidence on the financial case for doing so and the practical, pragmatic way to do it.
Investors increasingly appreciate the value of incorporating ESG criteria into their real estate exposure – both direct and indirect (via REITS) - but are uncertain of the full financial picture and potential environmental impact reduction now and over time.
They also worry that such strategies might be too costly or complex, but they needn't be: product development is moving forward rapidly.
Join real estate experts from Northern Trust, PGGM and GRESB to hear presentations and ask your questions on topics including:
- Which ESG factors impact returns for buildings, portfolios and real estate companies, and to what extent? The data points you need to be aware of.
- What ESG factors should then be blended into investment a real estate investment strategy: why and how?
- What is the availability of benchmarking tools on the financials and impact measurement for ESG risks and improvements?
- Engagement and ESG in property: what are the technical differences of investor activism in the property sector?
Moderator: Hugh Wheelan, Managing Editor, Responsible Investor
- Mamadou-Abou Sarr, Global Head of ESG Investing, Northern Trust
- Roxana Isaiu, Director, ESG & Real Estate, GRESB
- ...and more
Date & Time
Monday, June 26, 2017
15:00 BST/16:00 CEST/ 10:00 EDT