The 2016 GRESB Debt Assessment is now available in pre-release, in advance of the official launch on April 1. The 2016 Debt Reference Guide will be released on March 15.
In 2016, participation will be open to real estate lenders—private and public, traditional and alternative—including, but not limited to, real estate finance units of banks, insurance companies, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds, as well as private equity real estate debt funds and mortgage REITs. For real estate finance units of larger organizations, GRESB Debt serves as an internal assessment tool capable of strategically directing ESG integration and indicating sustainability engagement and performance relative to peers. For mortgage REITs and private equity real estate funds that identify their primary investment strategy as debt, the assessment serves as an outward-facing benchmark for investor and shareholder reference.
2016 GRESB Debt Timeline
- April 1, 2016 - Debt Assessment opens
- July 1, 2016 - Validation process starts
- July 1, 2016 - Debt Assessment closes - All submissions must be received by July 1, 2016 at the latest.
- September 7, 2016 - Debt Assessment results launch
- October, 2016 - Consultation Period starts